Maintain your standard of living if you're unable to earn a paycheck because you’re disabled.
Group Long-Term Disability Insurance
Disability coverage provides you with the support you need if you were to become hurt or sick and could not work. Long-term disability insurance can offer years of replacement income, lasting well into your 60s in many cases, while short-term disability helps during a temporary injury or illness, or when you give birth.
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Typically replaces 60% to 70% of base salary
- Pays out for a few months to one year, depending on the policy
- May have a short waiting period, such as two weeks, after you become disabled and before benefits are paid
Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Typically replaces 40% to 60% of base salary
- Benefits end when the disability ends. If the disability continues, benefits end after a certain number of years or at retirement age.
- A common waiting period is 90 days after disability before benefits are paid